New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens: Reside Stream, TV Channel, Begin Time | 1/15/2023 – Find out how to Watch and Stream Main League & School Sports activities
Sunday’s NHL action will see the New York Rangers (24-12-7) take on the Montreal Canadiens (17-23-3), starting at 5:00 PM ET at Madison Square Garden and broadcast on MSG. The Rangers are sixth (with 55 points) and the Canadiens 15th (37 points) in the Eastern Conference.
How to Watch New York vs Montreal
Head-to-head results for New York vs Montreal
New York and Montreal Stats
- The Rangers score 3.2 goals per game (14th in NHL), and the Canadiens concede 3.7 (29th).
- The Canadiens are scoring 2.6 goals per game (30th in the NHL), and the Rangers concede 2.7 (seventh).
- New York is eighth in the NHL in goal differential, at +23 (+0.5 per game).
- Montreal has a -51 goal differential on the season, 29th in the league.
- The Rangers have scored 31 power-play goals (successful on 22.5% of opportunities), and the Canadiens have conceded 40 goals while short-handed (killing off 74.2% of penalties).
- The Canadiens have scored 21 power-play goals (on 15.8% of opportunities, 30th in NHL), and short-handed the Rangers have conceded 25 (killing off 79.5% of penalties, 13th in league).
New York Impact Players
- Artemi Panarin is one of New York’s leading contributors (46 total points), having collected 11 goals and 35 assists.
- Mika Zibanejad has 19 goals and 26 assists to a total of 45 points (one per game).
- Adam Fox scored nine goals and added 35 assists through 43 games for New York.
- Igor Shesterkin has conceded 79 goals (2.4 goals against average) and recorded 874 saves with a .917 save percentage (11th in the league).
Artemi Panarin: Day To Day (Illness), Ryan Lindgren: Day To Day (Illness), Chris Kreider: Day To Day (Upper-body), Vitali Kravtsov: Day To Day (Illness), Julien Gauthier: Out (Upper Body)
Montreal Impact Players
- Nicholas Suzuki has scored 16 goals (0.4 per game) and dished out 20 assists (0.5 per game), contributing to the Montreal offense with 36 total points (0.8 per game). He averages 1.9 shots per game, shooting 20%.
- Cole Caufield is a leading scorer for Montreal with 34 total points this season. He scored 25 goals and added nine assists in 43 games.
- Montreal’s Kirby Dach is among the top offensive players on the team with 26 total points (seven goals and 19 assists).
- Jake Allen has an .892 save percentage (43rd in the league). He has 787 saves, and has conceded 95 goals (3.5 goals against average).
Sean Monahan: Out (Foot), Brendan Gallagher: Out (Lower Body), Carey Price: Out (Knee), Emil Heineman: Out (Thumb), Kaiden Guhle: Out (Leg), Paul Byron: Out (Hip), Michael Matheson: Out (Lower body)
Regional restrictions apply.